Friday, June 29, 2012

Don’t Forget To Celebrate

I don’t know about you, but I do not need to be reminded that nothing comes easily in this life.blah..blah..blah. I don’t need to see it posted on an ad, t-shirt, billboard, or a piece of cardboard, nor do I need to hear it in a song. To live the life you want, to obtain the goals you set, it is no mystery that hard work goes with the territory. Time moves so fast, that no sooner you meet one goal, you have already shifted your focus toward your next objective. Sometimes the shift happens with no appreciation shown or celebrating done for what has been accomplished and acquired. I have found myself being drained from work to the point of being left discouraged because the journey to my aspiration had proven to be more difficult than the last. At times, the discouragement settled in to the point of me showing no consideration to what I have already achieved. I even found myself lessening the significance of what I had completed. Side note: Discouragement is a dreadful something if not dealt with. Don’t fret, I snapped out of it! I had to ask myself, does it really make sense to work so hard to make things happen, to be a “mover and a shaker,” only to never celebrate my successes? You and I deserve to honor what we’ve attained. We’ve had to overcome internal and external obstacles to make progress to get to whatever point we are at right now. To commemorate that, it IS personal empowerment. So the next time discouragement tries to take a comfortable seat at your table, let the celebration begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment