Friday, June 1, 2012

Of many talents, but I don’t brag


When I was younger, my mind raced with images of how I wanted my life to look when I “grew up”. I had one main goal and then I had others I would reach one by one.  No bragging, but I know I’m good at a “bunch of things” (no, I couldn’t come up with a better phrase).  When I was younger, I did not know how to channel any of my talents. I was all over the place! Being good at more than one thing can make it difficult for a young person to decide clearly on a career and stick to that. I was a perfect example of that. I did have the opportunity to explore some of my talents, which handed me priceless experiences, that maybe I could not have received otherwise.  Those experiences bring me to 2012, where I am back at my “one main goal.”  Disclaimer: The following statement is not a complaint.  Reaching my “one main goal” has been anything but easy. Sometimes it has been a *beep* pain in the *beep*. (Feel free to insert your own words.)  I wish I would have reached this “one main goal” first and THEN, played around with my talents on the side.  I know there is nothing I can do about it now, but I do wish I could have been more focused in thought. I guess you could say I’m having a “should’ve, would’ve, could’ve” moment. I’ve heard people say these moments are a waste because I can’t go back in time and I’m supposed to enjoy the process of working toward my goals. (Yeah, it’s a process alright!) Well, I say to those people, “Excuse me, you have reached Tamu Talks, so let me have my moment. Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night!”

No comments:

Post a Comment