Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let's talk about it



I believe the season change is symbolic for life changes. I believe the season change is symbolic for taking the next life step. I see the season change as movement forward, as progression. Moving into Autumn/Winter can be mentally draining for many people because Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, aka The Holidays, are quickly approaching. The Holidays can be a tough time for people because our focus tends to be on family, friendships, and love. For those that have lost love ones due to death, divorce/break up, a broken friendship, the list can go on, the Holidays can a very lonely and depressing time.  Not to mention, The Holidays are expensive! So for the one who has lost a job, that can make these times rough, and the feelings of failure can set in. Dealing with these situations can wreak havoc on our mental health. I have said, I am saying, and will continue to say that mental health is just as important as physical health. I believe the two go hand in hand. We can dress up and look runway ready everyday, but you can’t dress up a mental struggle. The stigma on getting help for the mind leads to people to say things like, “I don’t need therapy, I have Jesus”, or “Why should I talk to a stranger about my life?” If moving into this season is tough, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. If you are still holding onto grudges and anger, ask for help and get relief so you experience movement forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment