Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Monumental



There are plenty of people who say “The new year is just another day.” Some people may say it just because that’s how they feel; no particular reason. I suspect there are some people that don’t recognize a new year because of cynicism.  Life has a way of throwing jabs for so long, those jabs can send a person into a complete cynical bubble that’s difficult to get out of. I’ve had moments in life where it felt like my heart was just going to explode; moments that left me feeling broken and hopeless. So, I sympathize with those who don’t have the desire to recognize a new year, let alone get turned up for it. (Side note: Today is the last day I’ll ever use the phrase “Turned up” or any form of it.) There’s still something in me that won’t allow my mind to ignore that I’ve lived another 365 days! It is a privilege to have been given the grace and space to see the end of another year-it’s monumental for me. The end of a year brings all types of emotions. The emotions that I can articulate are excitement and anticipation.  For 2014, I have a vision of what I would like to see happen not just for myself, but for the people I love. This is the last day of 2013 and I can pick up the phone and still hear my loved ones voices. It goes without saying that no one knows what 2014 holds, but I do know that I will hold on to my loved ones much tighter. In 2013, I realized when you finally accept, once and for all, that dream and just go for it; that decision takes you into another zone of self-confidence and assurance. 2013 brought me a full understanding that peace of mind means everything.  So, whether you celebrate the end of a year/beginning of a new year or not, I wish to you peace of mind and more self confidence. With those two, you can conquer anything in 2014 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment