Sunday, July 20, 2014

Un-titled



During my first round of fittings, I mentioned this show will be my first fashion show. Someone responded with "Oh my God, it must be driving you crazy to have thrown yourself into this, that's a big deal." Never mind the "driving you crazy" part. My focus was the fact that I threw myself into this-no planning involved. The planning came after. Is that the ideal way to go when starting a business, or anything, for that matter? I don't know. I don't think there is a definite answer. I hear people say, "Well I'm trying to do this, or "I'm trying to do that." I've had to stop myself from using those phrases. I realized "I'm trying" sounds as if I'm trying to down play my work. That's exactly what I was doing. My thinking was "If I down play it, then I won't jinx the success." That's a dumb way to think. Since I've committed myself 150% to this, I've had to go through a language and a mentality change. To say, "This is what I am doing...." let's people know you are confident in your goals, your ideas-that phrase forces people to listen. I guess the lesson in that for me is to be proud of what is happening. I say to you also, be proud of whatever project, business, etc., you have started and know that you have all you need at this moment to see it through.
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment