Sunday, December 2, 2012

Don't forget what you love




We need sources of income..legal sources of income, just in case a few of you were confused. We need money to take care of ourselves. We need money to live. I will ruffle some feathers with this one, so I welcome your disagreeable comments when I say that having money makes life more enjoyable!! Show me a broke person who is walking around proclaiming, “I’m broke, but I couldn’t be happier”….hmmmm…no thanks! There is a source of pride that goes along with going to work to be able to take care of ourselves and to handle our obligations. However, I do believe that we become so anxious to make more money that it pulls us away from doing what we love. We forget what we love. Do not push that which you love to do to the wayside. Who said you have to settle for working an unfulfilling job or jobs for the rest of your life just to get a check. Take it from someone who, at one point, worked three jobs. So, I get the notion that “you have to do what you have to do.” I get it! Just consider that doing what you love CAN be a source of income. It can be your main source if that is what you choose to pursue. Why not start out doing what you love as a part time gig? Maybe that is the start you need to have a more fulfilling career.  You love what you love for a reason. Give it a chance. Give yourself a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment