Sunday, March 22, 2015

Number 38



 I had this genius idea to do a photo shoot for my 38th birthday. I was going to be in one of my own modern Iconic by Tamu creations, surrounded by a clean, relaxed background mixed with modern props and hints of vintage with a sassy edge. This photo shoot was going to be fun, but your girl ran out of time. Then I realized, I didn't actually plan anything for my birthday. Usually, I start sending out "save the dates" for my birthday celebration at least 6 months in advance. I didn't do that for number 38. I would have loved to have planned a party or a vacation near a beach and some palm trees. I started to feel some disappointment for a few moments, until I heard a story of a woman who was diagnosed with cancer some years back. The cancer went into remission, but she recently found out that not only is the cancer back, but it has spread. Shame on me for feeling disappointed! Shame on me for losing sight of the gifts in front of me! No, I haven't spent my birthday weekend on a beach, sipping on one of those drink with the little umbrella on the side. But I have been spending my birthday weekend with some VIPs and Bosses....sipping. However you identify what/who those blessings are, celebrate them because they are there, now, in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment