Sunday, April 29, 2018

When Opportunities Knock, Snatch Them In!


What happens when the opportunities we want start to appear in our lives? How do we treat those opportunities that we’ve worked so hard to obtain? Do we run from them? Do we find a way to talk ourselves out of them?

I was presented with an opportunity not too long ago. This opportunity just happens to be one of those that I think about constantly. It’s one I have written down. It’s one I’ve been busting my ass for to make sure I’m always ready; always prepared. With no negative help from the outside, the negative conversation within began instantly. I could fill up an entire notebook of all the reasons I told myself to let the opportunity drop. “Who is going to listen to me?” “I don’t have things ‘all the way’ together yet.” “Sometimes I’m wingin’ it.” “Do I really have anything to say that people can benefit from?!” “I think I should have more experiences before I give a talk.”

We would never throw that negativity at someone we love, so why would we do this to ourselves?! Unbelievable, right?! I know you can relate. Let’s make a deal with each other. Starting right now, for every opportunity we receive, let’s tell ourselves:

 “I’m grabbing this opportunity by the neck; with both hands! Why? Because I’ve earned this one. I’ve done my research. I’ve asked the right people the right questions. I know my shit. I’ve worked hard for a reason. I’ve prepared myself for this and the other opportunities to follow. My experience says I’m ready. I deserve this. So, I will put this opportunity on my calendar and celebrate this one as a WIN!”

Share with us your wins & your opportunities! 

Don't forget to sign up for Tamu Talks email list to get posts like this, fashion topics, & everything else in between!

~Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment