Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shenanigans, Shit, & Frustrations! Oh My!



Another month already under our stilettos, over our shoulders, or however you’d like to say that! When that 10th month approaches, I can imagine myself sitting back in a chair with my feet up, with a nice glass of something, wiping my brow, and saying “Maaannn! What a year!” I know I’m not by myself! I had to adjust my blogging schedule from every 3 weeks to just one a month!  Thankfully to you lovely and faithful readers, there’s some anticipation for Tamu Talks blog posts. So, to know that, frustration set in because consistency is the main thing for business and life!  
Speaking of frustration, 2017 has brought me some interesting situations. Frustration can turn into daggers of negativity that can make everything seem heavy. I started asking myself, “Why did I even start this?” Why can’t shit just go smoothly?” “Maybe my timing is just off” “If it’s this hard, should I really be doing this?” I didn’t even realize I was entertaining those thoughts. That frustration was starting to put a damper on my spirit, my creativity, my vision. I had to take a step back, look at those questions not to entertain them, but to put them in a chokehold. Now doing that didn’t change the fact that the shenanigans were still present, but it became clear the shenanigans were lessons: business and life lessons. Not only were they lessons, but I had to remind myself that just because the road is difficult, doesn’t mean the road shouldn’t be traveled.  
Recently I listened to someone convince themselves that the difficulty they were experiencing, to fulfill something they wanted, was a sign they should not be doing it. Listen. I was in no condition to give a speech at that time! But today I can say that some of us have given up on great things because we convinced ourselves that difficulty is a sign of what must not be. “Oh well, I guess if it’s this hard, it must not be right” or “I guess it’s not meant to be.”  Tamu is in the right condition to tell you it MUST be done. Recognize the lesson in the difficulty. Difficulty means YES. So, the next time you ask yourself, “Should I really be pursuing this?” Answer with YES.YES.YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment